Students, internees studying for an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in Ayurvedic Medicine. Students registered on short study courses providing they are delivered face-to-face, which are run for a minimum of 30 days, leading to a qualification that allows future registration as an Associate Therapist or Therapist member.
Conditions of Student Membership
Evidence of the registration as a student issued by a recognized educational institution e.g. valid student card or letter from the education provider confirming the student status.
Associate member can be applied for by a healthcare provider such as a GP, Clinician or Clinician Assistant, Naturopaths, Complimentary Therapists, Herbalists, Integrated Healthcare Practitioners or Providers, including Physicians with a special interest in areas related to Ayurvedic complimentary medicine practice or working in collaborative partnership within the healthcare sector.
Conditions of the Associate Membership
Associate member of the APA is conditional upon producing the following written evidence:
- Certificate confirming your medical health profession based in the UK.
- Current Professional Indemnity Insurance.
- Overseas practitioners need valid evidence of permission to live and work in the UK.
Overseas Associate Membership
Overseas Associate member can be applied for by healthcare practitioners living and working outside the UK. This also includes fully qualified Ayurvedic doctors (BAMS, MD or PDH).
Conditions of the Overseas Associate Membership
Overseas associate member of the APA is conditional upon producing the following written evidence:
- Certificate confirming your medical health profession in country of practice.
- For Ayurvedic doctors a certificate confirming completion of studies and certificate confirming completed internship at recognized Ayurvedic hospital or clinic.
Friends of the APA and AYURVEDA
Supporting members of the public who have a special interest in or learning about Ayurvedic healthcare including those who have attended seminars and workshops organised by the APA or who wish to show their support for Ayurveda and the APA.