Karolina Raczynska - Karuna Yoga and Ayurveda
ADDRESS: Evolve Wellness Centre 10 Kendrick Mews, Kensington, London London SW7 3HG United Kingdom
TEL: 07767 074761
Karolina is a fully qualified Ayurvedic Medicine practitioner as well as a certified Yoga and Meditation teacher. She studied Ayurvedic Medicine at Middlesex University in London (UK), SDM College of Ayurveda and Hospital in Hassan (India), KLE University Ayurveda Hospital & Medical Research Centre in Belgaum (India) and further developed her clinical experience at multiple Ayurvedic hospitals and clinics in India such as Gujarat Ayurved University in Jamnagar (India), Ayurveda Gurukula under Dr Lavgankar in Pune (India) and many more.
Apart from her Master's degree in Ayurveda Karolina has a first class Bachelors degree from Oxford University, Master degree from the Royal College of Art and Master degree from University College London.
Ayurvedic treatment can help to address a developed disease as well as work on the prevention of future conditions. This is done in accordance with your unique constitution (Prakruti) so the treatment will be tailored especially for each individual. The Ayurvedic Medicine treatment might include the following interventions:
- Diet and Lifestyle advice designed especially for your condition
- Intake of herbal preparations
- Application of external therapies such as:
- Abhyanga oil massage (on the whole body, head or feet)
- Bastis such as Greeva Basti (on the neck), Kati Basti (on the back) and Janu Basti (on the knee). Basti is a treatment, which uses warm medicated oil, which is applied to the neck, back or keen and kept in place for the duration of time in order to remove pain, relax and strengthen the muscles, ligaments and nerves
- Udvartana - a therapeutic dry powder massage using herbs in order to obtain lightness in the body and dissolve the fat tissue. This treatment aids weight loss reduces water retention and helps to open the channels in the body
- Marma Therapy, which involves manipulation of subtle energy (Prana) through the 107 Marma (energy) points of the body in order to facilitate the healing process. Marma Therapy utilizes acupressure on points in the body, which are the access points to body, mind, and consciousness.
All these treatments can be performed by Karolina for you.
Before your treatment starts it is important to attend an Ayurvedic consultation during which the consultant will assess your unique constitution, take a detailed medical history in order to address and treat the problem at the root cause level and find out about your expectations and needs. After the initial consultation, the treatment plan will be formed addressing a particular condition or looking to maintain your health in line with your constitution.Karolina also practices at Ayurveda Retreat in Reading, 32 Friar St, Reading RG1 1DX, UK