Asian Slaw Salad with Lime & Ginger Dressing
Serve as a side dish.
- Heat the sesame oil in a small cast iron pan, add the asafoetida and salt to release and activate – place into a mixing bowl.
- Zest the lime then squeeze the juice into the bowl, add the spiced oil and a few grinds of black pepper.
- Add the sliced cabbages and chopped coriander and combine.
- Optional - Add the chilli flakes
- In a cast iron pan, gently toast the nuts of choice, then pour over a tablespoon of maple syrup and cook for a minute – turn out onto silicone paper and cool. When cool and hard, chop the nuts to desired consistency.
- Transfer the salad into a serving bowl and top with a small amount of the crunchy praline.
- 2 cups finely sliced white cabbage
- 2 cups finely sliced red cabbage
- Zest of 1 lime
- Juice of 1 lime
- I tsp toasted sesame oil
- I pinch asafoetida
- Optional - 1 tsp Gochugaru (Korean chilli flakes)
- Pinch Rock salt
- Fresh black Pepper
- Handful chopped Fresh coriander
- Handful of Nuts of choice
- 1 tbs Light maple syrup