Asparagus & Radishes with Fresh Mint & Miso-Yogurt
Serve as a side dish.
- Gently heat oil and ghee in a large frying pan and when warm, add the salt, pepper & spices to release their aromas.
- Now add the asparagus and turn for around 4 minutes, then add the radishes and gently caramelise for a further 4 minutes, tossing occasionally, with all the veggies touching the pan.
- When the veggies are ready, remove from heat and place prettily on a plate. Scatter the mint leaves & spoon over a little of the flavoured oils and spices.
- Whisk the white miso paste and yogurt together in a bowl and then spoon some around the warm veggies.
- 1 splash extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp ghee
- Mineral salt - to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Pinch of hing
- Pinch of mustard seeds
- Pinch of ground coriander seeds
- 1 handful radishes, cut into wedges
- 1 small bunch asparagus
- Fresh mint leaves to scatter
- 1 tsp white miso paste
- 1 heaped tbs thick Greek yogurt
Radishes are seasonal from May to October in UK (Bitter and Pungent)
Asparagus from Late May to late June (Sweet & Astringent)