Ayurvedic Chia Seed Porridge
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Heat the almond milk, spices, maple syrup and nut butter over a low heat (but not boiling) and stir for about 2-3 minutes, until fully mixed. Remove from the heat and stir in chia seeds.
Leave for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, to allow the chia seeds to absorb the milk and thicken.
Place back on low heat to gently warm for a few minutes, before topping with seeds and serving.
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or nut milk of choice)
- ¼ tsp grinded vanilla pods (or vanilla extract)
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground Cardamom
- ¼ tsp Ginger powder
- ½ - 1 tsp maple syrup (optional)
- 1 tsp almond or cashew nut butter
- 3 tbs chia seeds
- 1 tbs pumpkin or sunflower seeds
- 2 tbs ground flaxseeds