Chia Seed Pudding
Preparation time: 2 minutes
Rest Time: 2 hours or overnight
This healthy, gluten-free, dairy free recipe is super simple and can easily be adapted. It could be your go-to fiber rich breakfast option, your quick snack in between or become a fancy desert to accompany a three-course meal. Mix your favorite milk with the chia seeds, pop in the fridge and enjoy your breakfast next morning with the topping of your choice. Be creative and be bold. Try variations by changing the type of milk you use, the added flavours, fruits and nuts. Experiment by adding nut butter, or perhaps a shot of rum or your favorite liquor.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix the chia seeds with the powdered spices and
- Make sure you whisk the mixture thoroughly to break up any possible clumps of
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- If you do remember, stir the mixture every now and then to break apart any
- Before serving, add a handful of berries and shredded coconuts.
- ¼ cup of chia seeds
- 1 cup of unsweetened cashew milk
- ¼ tsp of vanilla essence
- 1 pinch of dried ginger powder
- 1 pinch of cinnamon powder
- 1 pinch of cardamom powder
- Shredded coconut
- 1 handful of fresh berries
Prepare in larger quantity, portion it out into individual pots and keep in the fridge for several breakfast servings. It is so easy to prepare. The secret is to find the correct ratio: 4 tblsp to one cup of milk seems to do the trick.