Nutty Mint Energy Balls
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 0
Total Time: 15 minutes
These little VATA pacifying gems can be a lifesaver in your kitchen cupboard as they
serve as a great snack in between meals, especially with a nice, warming cup of hot
ginger tea. They are suitable for those who prefer vegan diet.
- Place all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix well.
- In a bain marine or hot water bath melt the cacao butter.
- Add the pomegranate and essential oil.
- Poor in the melted cacao butter.
- Ensure you mix the ingredients well and work the liquids, in particular the cacao butter
into the mix thoroughly; you can use your hands if you feel comfortable.
- Using a tablespoon as a scooper, scoop out the dough and roll the mixture between
the palms to form equal size balls. Roll each ball in desiccated coconut and place them
on a baking sheet.
- Repeat until the dough is done. The above mixture makes approximately 24 energy
- Store the energy balls for approximately 1 hour in the fridge until the cacao butter has
solidified before serving.
- 140gm gluten-free oats
- 160gm coarsely ground nut mix
- 60gm ground almonds
- 40gm organic 100% cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons pomegranate syrup
- 50gm Xylosweet
- 50gm coco nibs
- 90gm cacao butter
- 10-15 drops organic, good quality essential oil of peppermint (optional)
- Approximately 80gm desiccated coconut for dusting
You can store the energy balls in the freezer using a freezer safe zip bag for up to 3 months or keep them in an airtight container in the fridge for two weeks. The texture of the energy balls depends on how coarse or fine your dry ingredients are. If the balls are too dry just add some water or if the mixture is too moist, just add some more ground almonds. You can also alter the recipe by adding spices such as dried ginger, and/or cinnamon, and/or cardamom powder. Also replacing the pomegranate syrup with a nut butter of your choice can be a great alternative to the original recipe. Be creative and play…