Rose & Pistachio Rice Porridge
Put the ingredients in a pressure cooker and cook the porridge for 30 minutes on the ‘Porridge’ setting. Alternatively cook very slowly in a cast iron pot on a low heat for for around 45 minutes, or until thick and creamy, stirring regularly.
When it’s ready, mix well & stir in:
- 1 dessert spoon of maple syrup
- A tiny pinch of cardamom powder (Beware, it can become overpowering!)
- an extra splash of milk before serving to loosen the porridge
Decorate with chopped green pistachios
1 tsp organic rose jam
Tiny sprinkle dry rose petals – ensure the petals are organic and without pesticides?
Grated lime zest for additional zing!
Serves x3 bowls
- 500ml Full fat raw milk, Oat milk or alternative
- 100g Arborio rice
- Tiny pinch of mineral salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 2 tsp Rose Syrup or oil
- 40g unsalted raw cashews
Try to eat at a comfortable pace, staying mindful, perhaps accompany it with a warm black, ginger tea, sipping slowly, so that you incorporate all 6 tastes into your meal.