Vegetable Biryani Without Rice
- In a small saucepan, bring the stock to a boil, then add the saffron. Cover and remove from heat.
- Melt the ghee in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the carrots, parsnips and onions and sauté for 5 - 7 minutes.
- ‘Rice’ the cauliflower by grating either manually or with a food processor.
- Add the cauliflower, salt and all the spices to the frying pan and continue to sauté over medium heat for 5 minutes until the cauliflower is crisp-tender.
- Pour in the saffron broth and the peas, then cover and cook on low for 10 minutes until the cauliflower is tender and liquid has been absorbed.
- 1/2 cup of stock
- A good pinch of saffron threads
- 3 tablespoons of ghee
- 1 cup peeled and diced carrots
- 1 cup peeled and diced parsnips
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 1/2 head cauliflower cut into florets
- 3/4 tsp. rock salt
- 4 whole cloves
- 4 green cardamom pods
- 3/4 tsp. garam masala
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1/4 cup frozen peas