Warm Amaranth, Quinoa and Roast Veggie Salad
- Heat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas mark 6.
- Cook the amaranth as per supplier’s instructions.
- Cook the quinoa in a pan of salted boiling water for 12 minutes. Drain.
- In a roasting tin combine the prepared peppers, courgettes, tomatoes, garlic, spices and drizzle over an oil of choice. Season with salt and pepper, Roast in the oven for 25–30 minutes, until the peppers are soft and just starting to brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool a little.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked grains, roasted veggies, olives, parsley, mint then squeeze over the lemon juice and drizzle over the olive oil. Optional – crumble over the feta cheese.
- 75g raw quinoa
- 75g raw amaranth
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into triangular strips
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into triangular strips
- 1 courgette, cut in half then into large triangular pieces
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Pinch of whole cumin seeds
- Pinch of ground coriander seeds
- Pinch of whole fennel seeds
- Oil of choice to drizzle over the Vegetables
- 8 Kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- a handful of chopped fresh coriander
- few sprigs of fresh mint
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 1⁄2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Optional : 60g feta, crumbled
Substitute any of the veggies, e.g. currently in UK, organic seasonal butternut squash, beetroots, kale, carrots, parsnips, wild mushrooms.